بسم الله ، والحمد لله ، والصلاة والسلام على المصطفى
The primary focus of the Tulayhah site is to publish translations of excepts from the sound books of Tafsir recommended by the Salafi scholars. In order to facilitate searching and accessing these translations, we have tagged and organized the tafsir excerpts in two ways:
1) The first form of organization in the Tafsir by Surah drop-down menu is by dividing the Qur’an into sevenths. This format is according to the way that some of the salaf would recite the Qur’an in order to finish a complete recitation every week. This division has been abbreviated in Arabic as فمي بشوق , which in an anagram for the beginning of the surahs which start each of the seven sections:
- The letter Faa’ [ الفاء ] indicates surah al-Fatihah (01) until the end of surah al-Nisaa’ (04)
- The letter Meem [ الميم ] indicates surah al-Maa’idah (05) until the end of surah al-Tawbah (09)
- The letter Yaa’ [ الياء ] indicates surah Yunus (10) until the end of surah al-Nahl (16)
- The letter Baa’ [ الباء ] indicates surah Bani Israa’eel [also called al-Israa’] (17) until the end of surah al-Furqan (25)
- The letter Sheen [ الشين ] indicates surah al-Shu’araa’ (26) until the end of surah Yaaseen (36)
- The letter Waaw [ الواو ] indicates surah wa’l-Saffaat (37) until the end of surah al-Hujuraat (49)
- And the letter Qaaf [القاف] indicates surah Qaaf (50) until the end of surah al-Nas (114)
2) The second form of organization is according to the individual surahs. These can be found arranged within each of the sevenths. The translations will appear in the order in which they were published, not necessarily in the order of their occurrence in the mushaf.
We hope that this feature will make the tafsir offerings of Tulayhah more accessible. May Allah accept these efforts and make them a source of benefit for those who made them and for those who utilize them.
-Khalil Klopfenstein (translator & admin)