There have been some misinformation spread about this website and the content that it publishes. This page aims to respond to those claims publicly, remove doubts, and clarify the situation.
Claims: In the beginning of December 2017, a short audio recording was published which advised the salafis to not take knowledge from the Tulayhah website on the basis of two claims:
- That this website translates and publishes content from the tafsir (Safwah al-Tafaasir) of Muhammad ‘Ali al-Saabooni
- That this website translates and publishes content from the tafsir (Zubdah al-Tafsir) of Muhammad Sulayman al-Ashqar.
Response: Actually, this website has never translated or published any content from either of these two authors or their books. However, we have published the following material:
- Statements of the scholars discussing the conditions of these two books of tafsir here
- A “mufassir profile” discussing the methodology and features of al-Saabooni’s Safwah al-Tafaasir here
- A “mufassir profile” discussing the methodology and features of al-Ashqar’s Zubdah al-Tafsir here
- Part of a detailed refutation of al-Saabooni’s Safwah al-Tafaasir from sheikh Saalih al-Fawzan here
We hoped that these translations and articles discussing these two works would be of some service to the Muslims who desire to take the knowledge of this religion from trustworthy sources and avoid things which the reliable scholars have warned us against. In this age of ours in which content from many different sources is being translated and spread in the English language, it is important for Muslims to know which works are reliable and which works have deviant methodologies. The content that we have translated and/or compiled about these and other books of tafsir is intended for that purpose, but we have not actually translated any content from either one of these authors on this website or in any other place, and our positions towards these authors and their works are the positions which our salafi scholars hold towards them.
Mission: InshaAllaah we hope that anyone who visits the site will see that the mission of the site is to transmit the reliable explanations of the Qur’an which have been either produced by salafi scholars or recommended by them. Our site is dedicated to these translations from the sound and recommended books of tafsir, as well as statements of our contemporary scholars in the area of tafsir and the sciences of the Qur’an.
We feel that there is a great need for sound scholarly explanations of the Qur’an in the English language. This is especially the case as there is currently a lack of sound explanations of the Qur’an in English compared to the large amount of misguided and deviated explanations being produced and spread. The goal of our site is merely to translate the explanations written or recommended by our salafi scholars to help readers understand the Qur’an more correctly, baarakAllaahu feekum.
Note: We sent a message similar to this clarification to the individual who originally made these claims, and he reposted our clarification on December 12, 2017 in the same venue where he had made his original statements about the website, along with adding a few links to statements of the scholars about Muhammad al-Saabooni, Muhammad al-Ashqar, Abu Bakr al-Jazaa’iri, and some of their works.
Khalil Klopfenstein (Translator and Administrator)
- Recommended books of tafsir – compilation of statements from our scholars
- Advice regarding the books of tafsir which contain something of distorted ‘aqeedah – while also containing some benefits – compilation of statements from our scholars
- Books of tafsir which are advised against, specifically those available in the English language – compilations of statements from our scholars
- Mufassir Profiles for details about the specific books of tafsir