At the end of surah al-Furqan [25:63-76], Allah lists a number of exemplary qualities of His believing slaves and the rewards for those who fit this description. Sheikh ‘Abd al-Razzaq al-Badr, one of the contemporary scholars of al-Madinah, wrote a small booklet entitled Sifat ‘Ibad al-Rahman – “Qualities of the Slaves of the Most Merciful” – on these ayaat and we have translated that booklet into the following series of posts. This booklet is characterized by its clear explanations and practical focus on personal development. The sections of this series are as follows:
○ Trait #1: Composure and Dignity
○ Trait #2: Steadfast Observance of Prayer
○ Trait #3: Fear of the Hellfire
○ Trait #4: Moderation in Spending
○ Trait #5: Avoiding Major Sins
○ Trait #6: Avoiding Bad Company
○ Trait #7: Reverence of Allah’s Speech
○ Trait #8: Attention to Supplication
This series is scheduled to begin on Thursday February 7, 2019, with a new post added each week, inshaAllaah.
We ask Allah to make this effort a source of benefit for the original author, the translator, and all those who come across it.
–Khalil Klopfenstein (Translator and Administrator)
For related material, please see: